Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sgraffito and Studio Music Choices

Some pictures from last night in the studio - mostly trimming and carving of pots. It takes a while. Otherwise, wonderful couple hours working with clay, getting my hands dirty. Dragged some CD's up to the studio and had a great time rocking out to U2's The Unforgettable Fire and The Wallflowers' Bringing Down the Horse. I found both to be wonderful soundtracks for clay time. Some music works in the studio, some doesn't. Both of these worked quite well for me. So, here are the pictures:

Trying something new here - scaled/feathering motif

Bowl is a little different. I'm not done with the little vase yet. I don't think. Although, it loooks like it may not need any more work. I'll have to cogitate on that for a bit.

Nice little plate (9 inches) the top of a vase/jar, yet to be carved.

This one's upside down.

And my decently sized "arizona." I'm excited about the shape this piece takes as it bows out from the lip and then sweeps back in to a narrow foot.

In other news, I've been enjoying blueberries a lot lately. They're delicious. And that's all for today. Happy Thursday to you all!

No comments: